Here is my Aeration Technique (Air Compressor)

Jul 10, 2011
Rockwall, TX
Pool Size
Okay, my PH and TA have been high as I said in a previous post. Today my PH was 7.8 and TA was 120.
I added roughly 1 gallon of MA and waited a couple of hours to re-test. At re-test my PH was down to 7.0. Here is where the aeration begins.
What you will need:
1 air compressor, 1 air hose, 1 air chuck, 1 ratchet strap, 1 long rope or extendable dog leash.
Step 1
Get a large brick, secure your air chuck to the brick (I used a ratchet strap and zip ties), connect a dog leash or rope to the eyelet of the ratchet strap.
IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

Step 2
Connect air hose to air compressor and air chuck.
Step 3
Using the dog leash carefully lower the brick to the deepest point of the pool. Be very careful not to damage your plaster with the brick. Try to keep your air chuck from pointing down to the plaster, compressed air can cause serious damage.
Step 4
Watch it bubble
IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Not sure how well it will work, I will re-test tonight and post the results.

Just remember that you get the maximum amount of carbon dioxide outgassing by keeping the pH low. As shown in this chart the pH makes a big difference with the outgassing rate possibly being about 60% faster at 7.0 compared to 7.2. Nevertheless, it sounds like the compressor is really doing a great job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.