Best way to clean filter cartridges

Reset

Apr 17, 2011
Hi all,

What is the best way to clean a filter that will get it really good and clean? I do the "spray with hose" method but that seems to buy me less than a week. It is lowering the flow rate which causes the heater to not run. I searched a little and see some reccomending dishwasher soap soaking, and I think in the past I remember a commercial cleaning solution. So how can I get it really clean? Thanks.

Which filter do you have?
How old are your cartridge(s)?

Once they get so old they clog up pretty tight and cleaning won't clear them. Try Scotts suggestion and if that doesn't work it may be time for new ones.

Not sure which ones I have, they're big and round... Anywsay i have two filters because the pool guy used last year included it in the closing process. But even that one is giving issues. Is it possible we have a water problem that is causing them to clog? Last time the water wastested the pH was a little low, and I stick to a regimen of bleach and cleaning, so the water is usually nice and clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.