Wiring a two speed Hayward super with Aquarite

May 30, 2011
First the normal...love the site and I have found a ton of good info..I searched but cannot find a specific answer to this question.

I have a two speed hayward pump with the switch on the back cover. I also have the Hayward Aquarite SWG plus that can control both speeds of the pump.

I currently have it wired just running the switch to control the two speeds, but as i add stuff to my SWG controller (low voltage lights etc) I want to change the wiring at the pump to take advantage of the controllers ability to switch the pump from low to high.

My question is "How do I do that?"

My controller basically shows four feeds coming from it when runing a two speed pump (from two different control relays in the system) but how do I "remove" the switch.

There is a white wire going from the switch to the motor, and a yellow and black wire going from the switch to the "junction" where the pump recieves it's feed from the panel/controller.

If you need pics let me know I can snap a couple today

You will need a 2 speed relay. In the controller, the 1st relay and 2nd are removed. The 2 speed relay goes where 1st one was. The controller needs to be told it's a two speed in it programming and when to use each speed.

The switch in the pump will be disconnected and the power leads from the relay's load sides will be connected there the switch leads were.

Scott

I have the two speed relay in the Aquarite and it is very easy to set it up to run the two speed....my question is about wiring the motor itself. How do I wire it so the controller takes the place of the switch?

The diagram shows where the switch sends power. Obviously, there will be 5 wires from the controller if you have 220 volt service, 2 for High, 2 for low and a ground. If it's 120 volt service (doubtful), then its two hots, a common, and ground.

What was connected to the switch is moot since it's being disconnected from the circuit.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.