New Build - payment disbursement

pool.jpg

Is 1400 sq ft of concrete too much? Or is more better?

Congrats on getting started!

As waste said above, I also suggest getting at four or five returns...it costs just a little more and will save you a lot of headache. Also, as waste alluded to, it would be best for each skimmer AND the two drains to have their own separate lines to the equipment pad - so you can turn on/off each skimmer and the drains individually. Using 2" plumbing will also make the system a bit more efficient.

1400 square feet is a lot of decking, but it really depends on what you want.

It would also be worth adding a line for an automatic cleaner, even if you don't plan on having one right now. It can just be capped at the equipment pad for now.

Before construction starts, it's also worth doing to consider where the skimmers will be. In my pool, the wind always blows everything to the opposite end of the pool from the skimmer.

XsAllOverIt said:
To ask for $34K up-front would have been outrageoulsy high-risk and quite frankly dumb. Noone on earth would be shocked when you questioned this.

Agreed. Told PB#1 to officially pound "dry pack" today. He was surprised and indicated "we've been doing this for 30 years and built trust with our customers".. Wow! Some people are gullable.

My payment schedule is very heavily weighted toward 80% completion and unfortunately, we did run into some problems. We had frost-heaved decking, terrible coping work, damage to existing pump due to worker error and they never came back to complete the caulking. All said, my final payment was never paid. After they sent the final invoice, I replied back with the work yet to be completed (contract said final payment upon completion) and provided them the costs of everything that we had completed ourselves and the costs were slightly higher than the final payment. 6 months have gone by and the PB never responded to my letter nor did they send another invoice. Wow, building trust with customers is a very unique subject matter with many PB's. You certainly made the correct decision and good luck with your pool build. Be PATIENT and ACTIVELYT PARTICIPATING in the build (i.e. communication with each step) - both are very important.

XsAllOverIt said:
My payment schedule is very heavily weighted toward 80% completion and unfortunately, we did run into some problems. We had frost-heaved decking, terrible coping work, damage to existing pump due to worker error and they never came back to complete the caulking. All said, my final payment was never paid. After they sent the final invoice, I replied back with the work yet to be completed (contract said final payment upon completion) and provided them the costs of everything that we had completed ourselves and the costs were slightly higher than the final payment. 6 months have gone by and the PB never responded to my letter nor did they send another invoice. Wow, building trust with customers is a very unique subject matter with many PB's. You certainly made the correct decision and good luck with your pool build. Be PATIENT and ACTIVELYT PARTICIPATING in the build (i.e. communication with each step) - both are very important.

I hate to do this, but go check with the clerk of court and make sure they didnt put a lien on your house. Costs them very little to do, and can give you heck 20 years from now.

Nope... I check regularly. I would think we would get a copy if they did and if they do, they will receive a SUBSTANTIAL counter-suit. That would be a guarantee... I have pictures from EVERY day of construction and notes documented through the entire build.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.