AquaRite SWG Problem

Aug 9, 2011
I have an AquaRite SWG that has stopped generating. The only light on the system is the Power Light and the display reads "9900" I've reset the system by powering it off for several minutes and when I apply power again I get the same results Power light only. I usually got the power with No Flow flashing for the first 20-30 or so then I'd hear the relay click and the No Flow would stop flashing and get the generating light.

I called Goldline and they tell me the mainboard is toast and needs to be replaced. I've read on this board about people replacing the varistor and that got their systems working again, however their symptoms were different than mine. They were reporting no lights on at all but a display that worked. When I asked the tech at Goldline about the varistor he says he's heard of people having those problems but he thinks that this maybe the Relay.

So my questions are has anyone else had this issue of power light only and 9900 on the display? If so what was the fix?

Jimmy

I did look at the posts and there did appear to be some discoloration and was ready to buy a new one for it, but what stopped me was when the tech said it sounds like its a stuck relay. Is there a way to test the varistor?

Jimmy

I'd replace it and see if that's the problem. Without knowing what the 9900 means It's hard to say what the problem is. If it's a stuck relay you can test for that. There should be no continuity through the n.o. side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.