Polaris booster pump troubleshooting

Soupy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Maryland
So, I turned off my Polaris 380 the other day to go for a swim, and afterwards, it wouldn't turn on. Seems to be getting power as I can sense a faint hum with it powered, but the pump doesn't run. So I guess step 1 is to crack open the pump housing and see if anything is jamming the impeller. But otherwise, anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting, and are there any tricks or advice for disassembling it?

Thanks.

First, you should check to see if the motor shaft turns easily. You can do this by removing the back shaft end cover as shown in this video. If the shaft turns easily, then the next thing to do is to check that the motor is getting the correct voltage by using a multimeter. If the motor is getting the correct voltage, then the next thing to do is to replace the capacitor, which is the lump on top of the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.