New Inground 20x40 build

I gotta say that's a nice looking build! :party:

While I'd have done a couple things differently, I honestly can't see anything wrong with the the pool or the job done to date :cheers:

What did you end up doing about the lights?

Congratulations on being so close to having a Trouble Free Pool!! :goodjob:

I ended up putting 2 lights on each end, symmetrical facing each other. Thought about 2 on each side facing each other, but for it to work out right, the skimmer was in the way here, or the cozy cove in the way there, etc... It may not be perfect but it should work OK

What would you have done different, equipment, or the build? I would like to know what you think, this is my first time so I like to learn from it.

The thing that really stuck out was putting the coping on before the floor was done. Not a huge issue, but how could they dump the vermiculite into the pool without possibly damaging the coping?

The other thing I thought I saw was no return in the steps, but a second look at the pics showed a hole for a return, the other pic was before the pool had been plumbed :hammer: :wink:

One other thing is that you don't have room to upgrade to a heater, if you find yourself wanting one, unless you no longer want access to your garage door :p

It honestly looks like you got a quality job! :whoot: You know we'll want pics of you and yours enjoying that beautiful pool :cheers:

Well, I think I can explain the coping part. They had an old piece of liner laid across the coping and then had a piece of steel they set the machine on. it didnt rest on the coping, actually rested on blocks that were on the wall. Here pics describe it better than I can.

This shows the machine

IMG03407-20110721-1809.jpg

Here it shows how the used the steel wall, with blocks under it to support and raise up the platform, and basically the coping was unscathed

poolkrete3.jpg

Yes, the step has a return on each side.

the heater...Yeah I know and thought about that. I planned on that whole slab I poured being for pool equipment, or future equipment. I Just built that litle addition on the back of my shop a few weeks ago when the slab was poured, and since the wife thought "pool storage" I figured a door was in order. So, I guess I will cross that bridge one day, because I will likely want a heater at some point.

I still say it looks like a quality build :-D

I was only pointing out stuff I've done differently but they do things differently and account for it :goodjob:

I really don't think I need to say it (but I'm anal) but, make sure the backfill is fully compacted before they do the deck! :cool:

Great pool, great job - enjoy it soon! :cheers:

Speaking of the deck, I will make sure its tight, and my concrete guy is also going to posthole it every 5-6' to be sure it has a good base.

I have read a lot about the wire, rebar, or just fiber. Now, I am subb'n all this stuff out (mainly using PB's referred people tho) but none the less, if I want rebar or wire, I will have to get the concrete guy to come out and form it and lay in the wire and float it (which he does do), then call the electrician back out to bond it. Then everyone leaves for a day or 2 to wait on an inspection before pouring the deck.

Also my elec. already ran a bonding wire around the pool and hit the ladder, diving board, handrail, and screwed it into the steel walls every so often, so I dont know how much trouble it would be for him to "redo" it. Or can you just a clamp of sorts and clamp the copper wire to the mesh every so often, if that can be done it would be easy.

I am just not sure how the parties involved will take to it, have to do this, leave, wait, come back, etc...Should I just feel OK with doing fiber and nothing else, or is it "whatever it takes, do the wire to" type of thing?

Well, its been a while since I posted. So, we had some delays. One we went out of town for a week and put it on hold, I wanted to he home when it was worked on. Then, I decided on the mesh, so the concrete crew came out, formed it and laid the mesh in. Then the electrician came and bonded it and called for an inspection. Then, the inspector failed us because of the low voltage LED light pipes being buried, and the bonding wire was closer than 18" to the water. Electirican was furious, and apparently had it out with him the prior week, so I think I was paying for their arguments. Anyway, he didnt inspect again for 2 days, finally got it approved yesterday.

I have been busy digging a gas line to the future fire pit, and a water line to the future outdoor kitchen area.

I also had them put postholes on the outside edges of the deck every 6' for added comfort

So they are pouring concrete as I sit and type this message. We are doing an Italian Slate Stamped pattern which will all be acid stained and sealed in a few weeks. My concrete man emailed some pics a few minutes ago, they are posted below also.

IMG03657-20110813-1112.jpg

IMG03646-20110812-1721.jpg

IMG03687-20110817-1851.jpg

IMG03673-20110815-1735.jpg

IMG03684-20110817-1851.jpg

IMG03674-20110815-1736.jpg

IMG03678-20110817-1849.jpg

IMG03689-20110817-1910.jpg

Concrete pics he sent me that they are doing right now.

IMG_6452.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Thanks! We are staying off the ladder for sure. I am waiting 1 week to put the diving board in, but we will stay off of it at least another week or 2, but I want to install it because I have the T7 with LED lighted waterfall.

Here is a few more shots of concrete, its hard to see the pattern once it dried, but once we stain it, it will come back to life. The cozy cove concrete and the firepit ring are my 2 favorites I think.

IMG03708-20110819-1631.jpg

IMG03710-20110819-1632.jpg

IMG03709-20110819-1632.jpg

IMG03719-20110819-1733.jpg

IMG03721-20110819-1747.jpg

Oh, and thanks to the concrete truck for demolishing my truck toolbox, that was out of the way and he still managed to hit it.

IMG03711-20110819-1635.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well my concrete guy said he had to sign a release form when they came in, and after that its all on him. So we knocked $100 off the concrete bill. I was fine with it, I bought it used and didnt have that in it and nothing inside was hurt except the $15 booster seat which is years old and we dont use anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.