Gravel/sand getting in behind liner

mg_gti

Aug 30, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I have a 6-year-old vinyl liner pool. For some reason I am getting sand and gravel in between the liner and the pool walls (you can readily feel it with your hand). Seems to get worse every year. The only thing I can think of is the winter freeze/thaw (I'm in Ontario) has separated the aluminum coping the top of the pool wall and the A-gravel under the concrete deck is getting washed between the two. However everything looks fine from the outside. Anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks,
Sean

Yes, it is a steel-wall/concrete bottom vinyl lined pool (Kafko to be precise). There doesn't appear to be any separation, but of course the join is hidden behind the liner. I really don't know how else so much debris could be getting in there.

I guess the pool will have to be partially drained and the liner unclipped to take a look. Is unclipping and re-clipping a 6-year-old liner feasible?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.