A little advice please :)

Jul 19, 2011
This is our first year with our new pool... we bought it from family friends with a great deal! However, the pool did not come with a cover. Neighbors had an older solar cover that we've used for the time being but wondering if there's other style suggested? We don't mind the solar cover, just want to keep water levels under control annnnd the solar cover we have is a little bit too small for our pool so it kind of defeats the purpose as a cover. We have an intex 18' round pool. Any help is appreciated :) Thank you!

Welcome to TFP!

A borrowed solar cover is better than no cover at all. Most pool stores, both online and local, should be able to help you with a fitted cover for an 18 foot AGP for a reasonable price.

I have used a "debris" cover from walmart on my intex for the past few seasons and although it isn't technically a solar cover, it has a very similar effect. They are transparent blue in color, and we run into the problem of it getting our water too warm sometimes. Early and late in the season we need this however as our pool is under large trees. I use the ones for 16-20' pools on my 15' pool, and they run about 20 bucks. I don't use the cinch rope they come with however, I use a rope wrapped around the ring and cover once it is on, and it holds in the wild wind we frequently have out here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.