screw working its way out of steel way out in inground pool

Re: screw working its way out of steel way out in inground p

Iron oxide is created when an iron or iron alloy oxidizes. Iron oxide is rust and is also classified as corrosion.

In conclusion iron oxide = rust, but not all oxidation is rust.

waste said:
Did you feed the pool dude a few margaritas before he said you'd probably need a new liner? Your liner should be pliable enough to get behind it to do the fix and still be able to reinstall it!

:lol: No, but I did bet him a margarita that the offending issue indeed was a screw and NOT oxidation...at least in that particular place! :lol:

Unfortunately there are a few places that there seems to be some oxidation/rust all around the pool but not as bad as that particular area. So, it would seem...at this point anyway....the whole liner will need to come out. But, as you said so eloquently...I shall crank, turn and enjoy! Especially since 90 will be as low as it gets for day time temps this week! :shock: So I guess "it is what it is" for now. Let's enjoy the rest of the season, shall we?? :cheers:

Thanks as usual for all the input! :lovetfp:

Karen

*UPDATE* w/ pics

Oh my! I had the liner pulled back this morning..........the pool guy was right...it wasn't a screw...it WAS rust and it did finally break through the liner.
DSC_0101.jpg

:rant:
DSC_0098.jpg

:rant:
DSC_0097.jpg

Through several conversations with Fox Corp. and pictures forwarded, they are going to "work with me" on getting this fixed. He has been extremely fair and acceptable in "taking responsibility". The PB I am using said to sand, grind and foam the entire pool would run about $700 so it's not a big expense for him. It's the liner replacement that I haven't gotten a concrete answer on. I've asked the PB to include in his estimate for them and see what he says. Every wall in the pool has some of this. I don't think they are as bad as this, but will need attention. (check out the sissy in his waders for 1 foot of 70 degree water! :lol: ) I got in with my bare feet to take these pics! I did make fun of him a little....)

That is some NASTY stuff right there! :evil:

So the saga begins along with the fun! :lol:

I just realized that I never ended the story here! :hammer: The Foxx Corp ending up paying for the sanding of the walls and splitting the cost of the new liner with me because I wanted the same liner installed and wouldn't accept their "bottom of the line" liner available for repair jobs. He also wouldn't pay for foaming the walls, but I had it done anyway for $200. I also had them redo the floor of the pool with a coating of new vermiculite to cover up the foot prints that bugged me so bad. Now I just have trowel marks that bug me! :lol: All total, it cost me $1800 to fix this problem that was, in my mind, due to incompetence of the PB. Something still wasn't being told here because Foxx sent me a check without much question. The PB I used to fix this said he had never seen that before. That tells me there's more to the story than I know....

Since that time, the people that fixed this lost their lease and have gone out of business and the guy he referred me to up and had a heart attack and died in Sept! My luck with PBs is most amazing, huh???!!

Such is my life! Outside of it being so cold and not getting to swim much this summer, I have had Trouble Free Pool this year!! :whoot: :party: :cheers: I finally broke down and bought a safety cover and have closed the pool this year. I'm already glad I have too....we've already had ice storms! I don't need any more worries over the winter with this pool. I can't wait to open it in the Spring!!

As always thanks for your advice during this fiasco! :lovetfp:

Karen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.