Leaving my BBB + Liquidator pool in the hands of my family

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
I’m almost done turning my green swamp into a sparkling oasis but alas, in a few days I have to leave again for 3-4 weeks. The green swamp occurred last year simply because I was away for a much longer period and I wasn’t around to get anyone prepared.

I’m not sure if my family is able to maintain the Liquidator, or to pour in liquid chlorine.
Therefore I’m planning the simplest pool task for them while I’m away:
Making sure that there are always three trichlor tablets in the skimmer and once a week shocking with two packs of calcium hypochlorite.

Would there be any significant long term effect of this “non BBB” regimen?

Currently pH = 7.2, CYA = 50, TA = 120

Re: Leaving my BBB + Liquidator pool in the hands of my fami

I think the LQ is the simplest way to handle it. All they have to do, if you have it lined out, is to pour a jug of bleach in it once a week or so and make sure the skimmer basket is clean. What could be simpler than that?

Re: Leaving my BBB + Liquidator pool in the hands of my fami

Bama Rambler said:
I think the LQ is the simplest way to handle it. All they have to do, if you have it lined out, is to pour a jug of bleach in it once a week or so and make sure the skimmer basket is clean. What could be simpler than that?

Sounds good. I'll simply show them the flow meter and if there is no flow they'll use the trichlor tablets as plan B.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.