SWG & shock w/bleach

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for your help :-D - - the pool is clear, I hit the boost on the SWG to shock it & it ran for 8 hours - but it says to measure copper because it will turn blonde hair green if copper is too high (have 5 blondes here) - I have the Intex texst strips, but the chlorine test strips are so unreliable that I am not comfortable with their copper test strips. Where can I find a reliable copper test kit? I thought to avoid boosting with copper ions, I would shock it with OTC bleach (is that a good idea?) - how much bleach would I have to use for a 2100 gallon pool? How long do we have to wait after putting bleach in to shock do swimmers have to wait?

You wouldn't have to worry about copper if you'd have unplugged but that ship has sailed.

You need to give us a full set of test results and how you go them. Get them from the pool store if you have to.
Once you post them we can tell you what your shock should be. There's an article in pool school for small temporary pools it would be good if you started by reading that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.