Did I pass the OCLT

ping

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I have a question regarding the OCLT reguarding if I passed the test or not. My results from this morning and Monday morning are a little mixed.

On Suday night to Monday mornings OCLT I got the following numbers: 25ml test I had 30ppm to 28.4ppm for a loss of 1.6ppm. With the 10ml test I had 31ppm to 30ppm for a 1.0ppm loss.

On Monday night to Tuesday mornings OCLT I got these numbers: 25ml test I had 22.4ppm to 21.0ppm for a loss of 1.4ppm. The 10ml test I had 23.0ppm and 22.5ppm for a loss of .5ppm.

A little more info about the pool: CC's started at .2/.5 and are at 0ppm. The water has always been clear, but now has that extra polished look. I never had a rise in my filter pressure and yes the gauge does work. The first two nights during shocking I loss 5ppm each night and the third night I loss 2.5ppm. The fourth and fifth night are the numbers above.

The reason I began to shock was my new SWG could not keep up running @ 100% for 13 hours and some yellow stains showing up on the deck. This was posted in an earlier thread.

With this information would you consider this as a pass for the OCLT?

I thought I read somewhere in this forum that the tests have a 10% error to them and these results are within 10% but I'm not sure if you guys with much more experience would consider this passing.

Thanks for all of your guidence,
Paul

No, you haven't passed, but you're very close. If you want to keep that sparkle, you'll keep shocking. As an aside, what's the CC level? Don't forget that third part of a "pass".

The 25ml FAS-DPD test reads to .2 accuracy. So accuracy is +/- .2

For tests like TA where each drop is 10, accuracy is +/- 10

I think based on the 10ml results from this morning you have passed the test, if your SWG was off during the test period. You met all 3 criteria, the FC loss is 1.0 or less, the CC is .5 or less, and the water is clear. If the SWG was running during the test then you will need to shut it off before running another overnight test.

From this point you will need to continue to add chlorine to maintain your recommended level of FC until the SWG is able to maintain recommended level independently. Go ahead and turn the SWG to a low setting until the excess FC drops, then turn it up as needed to find your ideal run time and SWG %.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.