Keeping FC in target zone

Jun 1, 2011
First I just have to brag and say that my pool has never been as clean as it is now and as crystal clear since I started the BBB system a few weeks ago. Thanks to everyone here for what you do! I only wish I had found you guys 5 years ago.

I have a question that I haven't seen posted anywhere. I'm still really new at figuring all of this stuff out. My question is how much to raise the FC at night when I put in bleach to prepare for the next day. My FC has been dropping down to around 7 in the evenings. My target FC for CYA of 60 is listed as between 5-7. I've been adding around 112 oz at night which has been bringing FC back up to around 11.5 to prepare for the next day. Is this not the correct way to do this? I'm just not sure on the technique on how to keep the FC in the target zone. I appreciate anyone's help!!

The idea is to never go below the minimum of 5. You want to add enough in the evening so it is at least 5 the next evening, preferably 6 so you have a little safety margin. If you are getting 7 the next evening, you could lower the level you target just a little, so it ends up at 6. Of course there is no harm in having it end up at 7, which is really just a larger safety margin, if you want to.

I hope that makes sense :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.