have to use tablets for a few days...need advice

dombey

Apr 25, 2010
Oregon
Hi guys,
I usually add liquid chlorine to my pool daily this time of year (1 gal/day...it slows dramatically during the less sunny season) to maintain 6-8ppm of FC. It's 110 degrees and full sun all day, the water is REALLY warm this time of year.
I'm going on vacation for a couple of days and I need to use 3" tabs to maintain the chlorine while I'm gone.
I've never really used tabs before, so I don't know how long they take to dissolve, how many to use, etc. I have a floaty and I guess if I need more I could put some in the skimmer...
I've got 4 tabs on hand, but could always buy more...

My personal experience:

The 3" pucks take a couple weeks to dissolve. I have 5 pucks in a floater in a 16K pool, and they just barely maintain 4 FC. CYA is somewhere close to 50; haven't measured it lately because I'm still adding.

If you have a cover, you can reduce the UV losses. I loaded up my pool with bleach (no floater then) prior to going to England for 10 days, and kept FC loss to about 1.4ppm/day. It wasn't as hot then, though.

Your mileage may vary.

I can put a 3" puck in my skimmer...........circulate for 12 hours and it's 90% gone! I'd say about a 4 day average just floatin' in a puck dispenser. Bring that puppy to shock level and add some pucks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.