Buying a New Pool- Which Pump Should I Buy?

Jun 24, 2011
I am in the process of getting an in-ground pool installed and the contractor recommends Waterco Pumps. He says they are better and also says their pumps are "Made In America". However, I have had three folks that I know from work tell me they had personnaly had bad less favorable experience with Waterco pumps, and recommended I purchase a Heyward pump for better performance and reliability.

Since a sample size of three is not adequate to make an informed decision - I seek the opinion of others that have their own experiences to offer.

Thanks,

Keith

Ok, good to know. The contractor said I could switch to Heyward and it would be cost neutral.

How significant is a 2 speed or variable speed, both from a performance and efficiency point of view? Does it come with controls such that it automatically changes speeds? How does it typically work- does it switch to low speed at night?

Thanks!

Once again it depends on what your paying for electricity? With a 2 speed in low your saving about 50%. With a VS you can see savings higher 70-90%! Some people who live where they have power by the hour rates you can pay the pump off the year or two. The new automation systems control the pump and speeds, so choose wisely. I would go with pentair and there automation system. Pentair pumps have onboard controls for speed also. Your PB can get you what you want, don't let him tell you any different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.