33,300 Gallon Pool -- Cleaner Recommendations -- Cordless or Super-Long Cord...

Jun 24, 2017
York/PA
After 5 years I think I'm ready to make the jump to a pool cleaner. With the SWG and this site, nearly everything else is completely hassle-free, with the exception of vacuuming, so let's go all the way.

I'm pretty sure that I would either need a cordless version, or else one with at least a 75' cord.

I don't think I need all of the bells and whistles.. I feel like if one or two nights a week I throw it in the pool and let it do its thing I should be in great shape, but maybe after using the automation I might really appreciate it.

So many options, I just have no idea where to even start.

Thanks!
Chris

There are a couple of good threads on the forum for cordless robots. My view, the technology is still in its early stages and while there are some good reports there are many units that are being returned - so ideally that would be great for you pool - research carefully.

For a standard corded robot, your search may be limited to only those that have 70 ft cords (or longer). Have you considered installing a new electrical receptacle nearer the pool - but still within code? The codes varies by state but usually in the 8-15ft range from the pool edge. Check the code for your specific area.

There are a couple of good threads on the forum for cordless robots. My view, the technology is still in its early stages and while there are some good reports there are many units that are being returned - so ideally that would be great for you pool - research carefully.

For a standard corded robot, your search may be limited to only those that have 70 ft cords (or longer). Have you considered installing a new electrical receptacle nearer the pool - but still within code? The codes varies by state but usually in the 8-15ft range from the pool edge. Check the code for your specific area.

If you have the cord near the middle of your pool, you should be able to use a standard length cord.
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yes, about the length of the cord... I do see that I could use a regular length cord. The problem that I have is that my pool runs "away" from my house... the short side is closest to the house, and there is no electric out there. So I would need to either run power out to a random place in the yard, or use an extension cord each time. Neither of which is a great option.

So that brings me back to the wireless. I'm looking now at the Polaris Freedom and the Aiper Seagull Pro. I need to keep researching and reading reviews on the forum (as opposed to manufacturers reviews) and see what people think. People seem to really like the Polaris. I'm hoping price-wise that they like the Aiper as well.

Thanks!
Chris

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Yes, about the length of the cord... I do see that I could use a regular length cord. The problem that I have is that my pool runs "away" from my house... the short side is closest to the house, and there is no electric out there. So I would need to either run power out to a random place in the yard, or use an extension cord each time. Neither of which is a great option.

So that brings me back to the wireless. I'm looking now at the Polaris Freedom and the Aiper Seagull Pro. I need to keep researching and reading reviews on the forum (as opposed to manufacturers reviews) and see what people think. People seem to really like the Polaris. I'm hoping price-wise that they like the Aiper as well.

Thanks!
Chris
I see you found the thread on the Aiper Seagull Pro - a lot of returns of new units with some success. Keep us informed if you go with the Freedom and if that works any better.

I see you found the thread on the Aiper Seagull Pro - a lot of returns of new units with some success. Keep us informed if you go with the Freedom and if that works any better.
Yes, thank you. I decided to give the Aiper a try. There was a thing on FaceBook this morning that brought the final price down to $729 delivered.

AND! I'm getting a FREE WATER BOTTLE! Woo-hoo!

Chris

I have always felt cordless simply won't deliver the cleaning power of a corded robot. I think it will in time and someday cordless will rival corded in power. Is that day here yet? I tend not to think so.

Yes, thank you. I decided to give the Aiper a try. There was a thing on FaceBook this morning that brought the final price down to $729 delivered.

AND! I'm getting a FREE WATER BOTTLE! Woo-hoo!

Chris
Please add your feedback on the performance of the Aiper on the existing Aiper thread so we can keep all the info in one place. Thanks and hopefully you have good luck with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.