CC Keeps Climbing After Shock

May 24, 2011
Had pool perfect and then power was off to my house for a week. finally got the pump back on a few days ago but haven't been able to get chemicals back on track yet. Have shocked pool last three nights as well as had chlorine tab feeder running. Combined Chlorine keeps rising. It was 2 on Friday and now 3.5 today. Pool is clear, just not sure how to the CC level back down to .5

Current Readings:

FC 2
CC 3.5
pH 7.8
T/A 120
CH 270
CYA 0

I know I need to add stabilizer, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, pool should be safe to swim in, correct as FC is ok even though a little on the low side?

Thanks for any advice.

Read "How to shock your Pool" up in Pool School. I recommend you follow that procedure and that will get rid of your CC's (which you need to do.

I would also put in enough CYA to get to 20-30ppm before shocking so the sun doesn't burn off ALL your FC.

No, you don't want to swim in your water. As Dave said, you need to shock, but get CYA in there at the same time.

Your shock level is 10 for now.

24 hours after your CYA dissolves, increase your shock level based on the amount of CYA you added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.