need help please

mike25

Jun 18, 2011
I am a new to TFP. I need help I have been battling with algea for a week now. taken sample of water to a place that I been going to for past 5 yrs (they been really good). I have put in 48# chlorine, qt. black algeacide, qt. murtice acide, and running the pump 24/7 all the level is good except for the cyn which is at 20. We live in Ok where it is hot this week the temp is above 90 degree I have put the chlorine in the evening every 12 hrs. The pool is 25,000 gal inground vinyl pool, sand fliter, pump is 1.5 hp. I have thinking that the cyn is low that it is not holding the fc to kill the algea. I am at my wits end please help. I don't want to drain the pool but if I have too I will.
Thanks
Mike25

Hi Mike,

You need to get your CYA up to about 30 for now.

If you still have algae or cloudy water, you need to shock your pool. Your shock level is 10 for now.
See Pool School for shock instructions/directions.

Before you shock, drop your pH to about 7.4.

You really need a good test kit. It's the best investment you will make in your pool!
See test kits compared in Pool School. Link to my fav TF100 in my sig.

Do yourself a favor and don't add algacides or anything other than bleach/liquid chlorine and CYA for now.

Welcome :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.