Pool Rover Jr. Question

I just bought a Pool Rover Jr. I was very excited when it arrived and couldn't wait to put it to work. My model is the "Residential Jet" which is the Rover Jr. with a Pre-Set timer in the transformer.

The instructions says that the built in timer should be good for most pools. The transformer also has a "Longer Run" button for larger pools.

My concern is that most of the time, the Rover does not go all of the way from one side to the other. Sometimes as short as a 6 foot run then switches directions. It cleans great, don't get me wrong. But the instructions and ads for it said it will clean a 24' pool in 30 minutes. Without the unit reaching the sides it will take much longer than 30 minutes to clean the pool.

Should I be concerned or is this normal?

Side notes: My pool bottom is completely flat with no wrinkles. Also the filter bag is clean.

Thanks!

I have the same Pool Rover jr model. My pool is a 12 x 24 Intex. The pool rover will always cover the 12' side before switching directions. Long ways I would estimate that it travels around three quarters of the length if it is traveling in a straight line. I always just let mine run for the 2 hour cycle. The way I understood the instructions the "longer run" button just disables the 2 hour cycle time. A 2 hour cycle twists the cord a lot so I do not think I would ever try to run it more than 2 hours without straightening out the cord. I find it does a good job and sure beats trying to vacuum manually.

I just think its a shame the Company changed the power module from having the control knob. If its not broke, dont fix it - we have heard a lot of people with the newer model have those same complaints. I guess you could try shutting it off and turning back on mid cycle while in the middle of the pool and see if that changes the pattern enough to get the sides clean?

One thing that really upsets me about the non-adjustable timer is that Aqua Product's own website states that the Pool Rover Jr. comes with a "0 - 60 second timer". This is listed under Residential - Pool Rover Jr. - Compare Model.

I had time this morning to watch the Rover in action. Some of the trips crossing the pool were as short as 3 seconds. (about 4 feet) It missed about 1/4 of the pool. What it did clean, it cleaned very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.