swg pool filled, about to add salt but pump can't work!!!

Jun 12, 2011
I have a intex swg 16X48, holds just over 5,000gal. It's full of clear water, about to add salt but the air release valve is cracked with water coming out like a sprinkler once the plungers were opened. I have ordered new parts but in the mean time I am afraid to turn on the pump. Do I go ahead & add the salt? I don't want the water to turn green while sitting in the sun, the water has nothing added to it at this moment.
I don't have a pool cover or a sump pump to circulate. I've read about adding chlorine but I haven't even added the salt! What do I need to do until the pump pieces arrive?

Re: swg pool filled, about to add salt but pump can't work!!

Pull it out and take the valve to HD and find a plug that will fit the hole. Screw it in half way and turn on the pump and bleed the air out then screw it all the way in. That should get you by till then.

Re: swg pool filled, about to add salt but pump can't work!!

maxepr1 said:
Pull it out and take the valve to HD and find a plug that will fit the hole. Screw it in half way and turn on the pump and bleed the air out then screw it all the way in. That should get you by till then.

:whoot: Thank you! I'm heading there right now! My husband hates setting up the pool & anything to postpone he will do, lol!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.