How big a mistake did I make lowering the level in my pool?

jojasc

Mar 29, 2007
Yesterday I was going through my pool closing and was draining the water level down. I was using a small sump pump to drain the additional water level below the skimmer, as it was late I opted to shut off the pump and continue after work tonight.

Here is where the mistake comes in, while I shut off the pump I did not remove it and the hose from the pool. It maintained the siphon and continued to drain water.

When I discovered it this evening the pool level was down to approx 11 inches below the bottom of the skimmer and return leaving approx 25 inches remaining in the pool.

Do I need to add any water back to the pool, or should the water level remaining be OK over winter? Or should I add any back in? If I do need to add water back how should it be treated, and how would you recommend circulating it through the water?

I am located in the Minneapolis area and have a 27" AG which is covered with air pillows in the middle.

Thanks.

I can't say for sure, but I would be more comfortable if it was my pool if the water was higher. The water provides most of the strength for the pool wall to resist wind damage, and you also might have trouble keeping the cover clear of snow with the pillow 11" lower than normal. My 2 cents :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.