Water leaking in the pool or leaking inground plaster pool

Jun 11, 2011
Hi,
New here, I'm repainting my 30 year 30k gal plaster pool. When I drained all the water out, I notices water leaking in to the pool from a crack in the bottom step, it has been leaking in for almost a week. the amount that is leaking in is very small, may make a trial of water about 16" long, I guess you can say it's weeping in the pool. I open up the crack so I can fill with some EZ patch, but it is still wet or weeping in. I have to assume their is water behind the stairs, but how do I get it out so I can make the repair in a timey manner? thanks

Re: Water leaking in the pool or leaking inground plaster po

Welcome to TFP!!

Sounds like you've got 'ground water' it's a miracle the pool hasn't floated!!

Your yard has either drainage issues or you are in an area with high ground water. Is there a 'well point' (a pipe sticking up out of the ground around the pool)? If so, utilize it!

Get some WaterPlug (TM) or other hydrolic cement and follow the instructions on the bucket for applying it - I'll help if you need more info. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.