To those with Solar Bear panels 4x20. Need help real quick

Apr 22, 2011
Ohio
Ok, I wanted to order one or two of the solar bear panels 4x20. There seems to be two kinds. One with 1 1/2" connecters, and one with 2" connecters. Now, I find it hard to believe that Fafco makes two models of this panel with different size piping on the ends of the small tubes. So I am assuming that the 1 1/2" and 2" is ONLY the fitting that they use to attach to the end of the panel, yes? I would like to use 2" piping, but there is a big difference in price, especially if all the difference is, the fitting at the end of the panel. I would be willing to pay the difference, if it matters ALOT, or if the actual panel ends were 2". The price jumps from $230 free shipping from nationaldiscountpoolsupplies.com for 1 1/2" up to $330 free shipping from poolsupplyworld.com

Fafco does not give info on the different models that they carry. Only info I found, is it seems all the places that carry the 1 1/2" panels, use model #960.

Re: To those with Solar Bear panels 4x20. Need help real qui

You presumably don't need a mounting kit if you are putting them on the ground, though it can't hurt.

Two inch headers make a big difference when you have lots of panels, and don't matter when you only have one or two panels.

Both black and white pipe should be painted with a suitable kind of paint to block UV, so it really doesn't matter which color you get. Krylon Fusion is a good paint choice.

JasonLion said:
Both black and white pipe should be painted with a suitable kind of paint to block UV, so it really doesn't matter which color you get. Krylon Fusion is a good paint choice.

Really? I never read on here about people painting flexPVC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.