Pump in shed...how hot is too hot?

Because of the coloration gaining heat and the pump adding heat, it's going to get pretty hot in there. I'd stick a thermometer in there to see how hot it gets and if it gets higher than 130°F you should power vent it.

Thanks. I found out that in Hayward's world, 'desert rated' means good up to 140f. Next hot day (unfortunately, our little heat wave only lasted two days here in Ontario) I'll measure the temp in the shed and go from there.

I would ridge vent your shed and make sure you have plenty of soffit vents, all easy retrofits that wouldn't cost a lot. Gable ends are better than nothing but ridge vents are a lot more efficient at moving air through the roof.

I built a kids play house similar to your plumbing shed and used those little round vents to vent the soffit, easy to cut the hole and using "no nails" glue them into place.

IMAGE_032.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.