Big Mistake - Start Over??

May 20, 2011
We were having a lot of trouble leveling our pool site ourself so we hired an excavator to bring in his equipment to do it. When he showed us one level spot and told us the pool site was level and ready for install. We were so excited we put up the pool without remeasuring across multiple spots like we had been doing when we were digging it out ourselves.

Now that it's up it is obvious that one side is about 5 inches higher than the low side. One resin post on the shortest side is a bit buckled and my husband is ready to tear it down and just throw it away!

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb I know. . . What are our options?

I'm sure it's very frustrating but there's no option except to take it down and level it correctly. Was there a understanding with the dirt guy about how level it had to be? If so you may have recourse, if not then you're probably going to have to get another guy or DIY it.

Big Mistake - UPDATE. Does this info make any difference

We are now in the process of draining the pool. :cry: Please let me know if this additional info make any difference to what your next steps would be.

We first measured from the level of the water to the top of the support post. Then we used a 12ft 6 inch board with level on it's center. Yes - I know we need a longer board. We started at what appears to be the highest support point and named that support #1. Then we checked the level of the pool from one support to the next support the board would reach to working clockwise.

Below is the measurements we found. So our question is does any of this make any difference? Do we need to take the pool completely down to the ground and start all over or is it possible to drain the pool, remove the liner and work on lowering the high side?

Husband wants to raise the low end. Everything I have read screams NO. He isn't convinced. Your thoughts?

What would you do??

Support #1 Water level 14.5" below support top. Support #1 to Support #4 LEVEL

Support #2 Water level 15.75" below support top. Support #2 to Support #5 LEVEL

Support #3 Water level 16" below support top. Support #3 to Support #6 LEVEL

Support #4 Water level 15" below support top. Support #4 to Support #7 LEVEL

Support #5 Water level 15" below support top. Support #5 to Support #8 LEVEL

Support #6 Water level 15.25" below support top. Support #6 to Support #9 LEVEL

Support #7 Water level 14.75" below support top. Support #7 to Support #10 LEVEL

Support #8 Water level 15.25" below support top. Support #8 to Support #11 LEVEL

Support #9 Water level 15.25" below support top. Support #9 to Support #12 Off center of LEVEL, but still within level bubble

Support #10 Water level 15" below support top. Support #10 to Support #13 OFF LEVEL by 3.75"

Support #11 Water level 14" below support top. Support #11 to Support #14 OFF LEVEL by 3.5"

Support #12 Water level 13" below support top. Support #12 to Support #15 OFF LEVEL by 2.75"

Support #13 Water level 11.5" below support top. Support #13 to Support #16 OFF LEVEL by 1.75"

Support #14 Water level 10.75" below support top. Support #14 to Support #17 LEVEL

Support #15 Water level 11" below support top. Support #15 to Support #1 OFF LEVEL by 3"

Support #16 Water level 11" below support top. Support #16 to Support #2 OFF LEVEL by 4.5"

Support #17 Water level 12.75" below support top. Support #17 to Support #3 OFF LEVEL by 3"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.