30'x54" round

Jun 9, 2014
Downsville, LA.
My husband & I are looking to get a new pool in the next couple of weeks because our Intex is on its last leg. We are thinking about getting a 30x54, but I am having the hardest time visualizing size. I know it will be bigger than what we currently have, but will I see a difference in the 6 foot difference? Also is there much difference in a 52" & 54"? I have searched here for pics, but have not had much luck. I would love to see pics of some 30 footers!

We just put up a 22' x 54" Coleman to replace our 14' x 30" that we had used the last couple of years. 8' in extra diameter makes a HUGE difference. 30 will be ginormous!
If you've got the space go for it! We'll probably go to a 24' when we upgrade in a few years.
As to 52 vs 54, I don't think you will notice a difference.
Pete

A few feet is very noticeable, especially when you are in the pool.
24 to 30 is almost another 9,000 gallons of water...like adding an extra 18' pool.

I would certainly like to have a 30'

30' is big. I have a 15x30 oval and when you are at one end of the pool the other end looks far away. If I had the space for it I would have gone bigger if that helps. As for wall height you won't notice much difference between the two.

To get a sense of the size in your yard drive a stake in the center of where your pool will go tie a piece of sting to it then measure out 15 feet and walk the circle keeping the string tight use a can of marking paint to mark the are of the pool wall. Then walkout another 3-5 feet from the pole and mark another circle which is the clear access path you need around the whole pool. That will help get an idea of just how much foot print it will take up.

We just put up a 30' X 54" pool in April, it's big.

It's really hard to get an idea of the size until you put it up. I did the whole stake and string line/paint thing because I had to layout the pool/deck location for the installers, it is huge compared to just being drawn on the ground .

I don't have a picture of the entire pool. But here are two photos of my 30 ft. We love all the space we have with it.
small.jpg

small.jpg

Re: 30'x54" round

I don't have a picture of the entire pool. But here are two photos of my 30 ft. We love all the space we have with it.
small.jpg

small.jpg

I love your deck!

- - - Updated - - -

We just put up a 30' X 54" pool in April, it's big.

It's really hard to get an idea of the size until you put it up. I did the whole stake and string line/paint thing because I had to layout the pool/deck location for the installers, it is huge compared to just being drawn on the ground .
I would love to see a picture!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.