Jet direction for L shaped pool

May 17, 2011
SW IL
Any tips on jet direction for an l shaped pool. I've moved the jets around for a month now and can't find a good position that will get debris to skimmers. A lot of debris accumulates in the corners/turns. Is this common on an L-shaped pool?

Another concern is that some of the jets have very little pressure compared to others, and some have a lot of bubbles.

No obvious leaks anywhere, skimmer lid's gasket is a little old and cracking so I assumed that's where the air is coming from.

Here's a diagram of my pool to give you guys an idea of what i'm working with. Color coresponds to strength/pressure of the jets. (I have a lot of free time today :) )The jet near the skimmers is where I connect the polaris, it has pressure on it without the booster pump on. I've moved my inlet control valve to all 4 positions and it only shuts certain jets off, doesn't do anything to pressure at the other returns.

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the lengthy post.

Attachments

• pool diagram.JPG
    pool diagram.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 133
EDIT

My return valve operates my step returns and polaris line near skimmers. The other pipe goes to the other returns. 2 additional questions

1) Should the polaris line have pressure without booster pump running?
2) Could all the bubbles from my jets be linked to the booster pump and polaris line?

When I turn on the booster pump the other jets, aside from steps, lose pressure.

The booster pump is plumbed into return from main pump with no valve

1) Yes, there will be some pressure on the cleaner line even when the booster pump is not running, though no where near as much as when the booster is running.

2) I don't think so. Bubbles are usually because of an air leak on the suction side. Perhaps the skimmer is drawing in a vortex of air (if so raise the water level), or the pump skimmer basket lid is not sealing correctly, or there is a leak in the plumbing.

Did you remember to let the air out of your filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.