Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so excited!

Re: Central Florida here...Just signed our contract, so exci

and more of Friday 6/24/11

Monday is the first permit day... and then they said they will shoot the Gunite on Tues or Wed.

Attachments

• re4.jpg
    re4.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 206
  • re5.jpg
    re5.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 206
  • re6.jpg
    re6.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 206

Water table looks low - at least compared to what we faced - unless they have a pump running. Doesn't mean anything, just an observation as we had a water table about 4-1/2 to 5 feet below grade.

That one pipe sticking up at the deep end is what they will use to pump down the ground water for shooting the walls and when they plaster, etc. Don't let them just cut and bury that pipe. Suggest they run it to the equipment pad or at least over to by the house, fence or some other places it can be left above ground and capped. That way if you ever need to draw down the ground water again (re-plaster and/or repair), it will be much easier.

Woke up at 6:30 this morning to big cement trucks pulling into my yard. Bet my neighbors love me... this is just paybacks for every year that they shoot off fireworks until 1am. Sucks when you have to work the next day.

Anyway... here are some more photos

Tues
6/28/11

Attachments

• gun1.jpg
    gun1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 186
  • gun5.jpg
    gun5.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 186

Here is the shell of the pool... Now some guys showed up today to remove all the lumber around the pool.. guess they are going to come tomorrow to back fill.

6/28/11 cont...

Attachments

• shell1.jpg
    shell1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 175
  • shell2.jpg
    shell2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 175

They might wait a few days to back-fill, or at least until the walls gain strength before tamping down the back-fill. In my area they wait and fill/tamp, then dig a lot of it up again to run plumbing, then fill and tamp again (but not as vigorously).

Looks good BTW.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Things are going a little slower now... we have been having storms every afternoon. They said that they were going to come today to do some back fill but I have not seen them yet. We are projected to have more storms this afternoon. They said that they are going to also start doing the tile work next week and the plumbing the week after that.

I went and picked out my mosaics for the bottom of the beach area. We are going with a bikini and flip flops. Should look pretty cute. :punkrock:

Friday
7/8/11

Tile guy showed up this morning. FINALLY... :whip: I also got a call yesterday telling me that the plumber would probably be here this weekend working on the plumbing. Yahoo. Hope the rain holds out for them.
They also came on Wed and removed the rest of the dirt and leveled everything off. My yard is starting to look a little more normal now. I will post photos of the tile later.

Tues
July 12, 2011

Plumber came out and working on the plumbing for the pool. They told me that the decking would be started early next week. They also came out and finished the last bit of tile work. I will post photos later today.

Tues July 19,2011

The plumber is finished and they started the decking yesterday...finally got some photos uploaded.

I am a little ticked off though because all these contract workers keep using my pool at there own personal garbage pit. You can see what I mean from some of the photos.. not a nice site to look at each morning.

Attachments

• tile.jpg
    tile.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 88
  • tile2.jpg
    tile2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 88

A photo of the decking start and also the dumping grounds.. grrrrr :pukel:

Attachments

• decking1.jpg
    decking1.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 87
  • dump1.jpg
    dump1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 87
  • dump3.jpg
    dump3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 87

Tell the contractors to pick up their S. The only stuff in my pool was the random stuff that blew into the bottom. The only real exception was the day they did the coping. They broke off the aluminum anchors and left them wherever they fell.

Friday July 22, 2011

They poured the decking. Looks good.. looks more like a pool now. The only problem is that now the pool is full of frogs. I counted 8 so far. I think I am just jealous that something is swimming in the pool and its not me.

Monday July 25, 2011

Decking peeps showed up this morning around 8:30am. Not sure what they are doing today.. maybe coating the deck with acrylic? They poured some sort of acid on the cement first. So much for the frogs! Guess we have fried frogs in the pool now. Will update with photos later.

I remember the "dump" in my pool, not the most attractive affair.

And my PB acid washed the deck before applying a texture to the deck; which then got covered in the acrylic.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.