Solar Pool Cover - Thickness - Mil vs Gauge

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
We ordered a new solar cover this season. It seems thinner to me than than the last one we had. I am wondering if I was duped by their description. We had a blue 12mil for our first three seasons. I thought we ordered another blue 12mil but from a different company. Now I went back and reread the description which says 12 gauge, not mil. Do you think there is a difference btwn gauge and mil? I am having trouble with receiving all of the items I purchased from them to start so I think I may not get very far if I dispute the thickness. I wonder if gauge is their way of not being held accountable to a 12mil thickness. If needed, the weights and measures dept in our county is very helpful so I know they would come and measure for me with no problem, but again, wonder if that wording does not hold them liable....or maybe it does. The cover was shipped direct from the solar blanket company out of Chicago. Thx for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.