At what point will having too high a FC harm pool liner?

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey guys,

Hope you all had a good winter. Long Island was a mess. Opened the pool to a lovely green swamp.

I know I commited a sin, but I didnt check my CYA before shocking. I just brought my FC level up much higher than it probably should have been and backwashed 3 times a day :hammer:

My question is (Assuming a low CYA since I have no idea what it really is) is there a point where a FC level in the mid to high 20s can damage the liner of a pool.

I kept my FC at or around 26 while shocking. It took 4 days, a lot of scrubbing, and a lot of backwashing but finally the pool is crystal clear. Was that dangerous to the liner? Im not swimming in it.

Well, it's completely after the fact, but if your CYA was zero, that's pretty high and much more FC than I would be comfortable with for that long.

Bleaching of the liner probably occurs before any physical damage so, if you can't detect any color loss, you are probably fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.