stuff that gathered on pool floor

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I am getting water chemistry under control but I do have a question. I want to do whatever is easiest.... I can see my pool floor and can see where gunk has gathered not sure what it is leaves, dead algae...who knows but should I stir it up and hope the filter gets it or should I try to vacuum it out?? whatever works best is what I hope to do.

Try to vacuum it out by whatever means you have. I use one of those hose-end pressure leaf baggers since I don't have a vac. The stuff on the floor is going to eat chlorine as well, so you'll spend more time and money shocking than you would if you have it all cleaned up.

I hooked up the vaccum yesterday and what was a blue pool with some stuff on bottom is now very cloudy,greenish color....cant see bottom at all. I am keeping pool at shock level. Is there anything else I need to do or will it start to clear back up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.