ladder question

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi,

We got a deck ladder with our new pool.....but we have no deck yet!!! We built wooden stairs to attach the ladder to, in the mean time. My question is this, Is the bottom step of the deck ladder supposed to lay directly on the bottom of the pool, or is it supposed to be suspended a few inches off the bottom?

Thanks

AGP Pool ladders usually rest on the pool floor. If you are concerned about wear on the liner, you could use a step pad.

The wooden stairs are built to code I assume? I ask mainly from a saftey perspective

Code? I think the steps are about 30 inches tall. I'll have to measure tomorrow. We actually used the pool today.....CRAZY!!!!! FREEZING!!! We took ladder out of pool and flip steps over after we got out. Since there is no safety lock or anything.

I have been using bathtub mat's for my step's for year's...They work great..The suction cup's on the bottom of the mat's will stay in place and not move around..I do recommend getting the Heavy Duty one's in clear..They seem to last alot longer&you really don't see them..Also easy to trim with a knife...The one's that I have now are on the 2nd summer of use...

Are the ladders on an Oval pool supposed to be place on the curved end or does it matter? we had the ladder on the straight end up until today....now its on the beginning of the curved end. I thought I read somewhere that the straight side is the weakest part of the pool, is that true?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.