30' Round Solar Cover Reel Ideas

Jun 13, 2017
MANCHESTER
OK so we have purchased a 30' round pool. After fighting keeping it warm last year we purchased a solar cover. And found out that its a pain in the butt to put on and take off when you want to swim. I have searched for reels and I have not found many that are over 27'. So we are thinking about making one. Does anyone have any suggestions?? We have a deck so I would like to attach it to the deck or leave it on the deck and move it out of the way. I had one company tell me they could get one that goes across the center of the pool and rolls up from the center. But I don't like that idea. So any suggestions or help would be great!! Thanks in advance.

I built the roller mas made that Pooldv suggested above, most of the time I just swim with it in the pool and only pull it out when we have company or on the weekends. Often times I only uncover 1/2 the pool when I am feeling especially lazy works great.

I have looking into the Feherguard reels but my husband doesn't like the fact that it sits in the middle of the pool. And then has to be swung out after being reeled up. I didn't know if there was a system that could be mounted to the end of the pool then wound up from the outside of a pool. Almost like and in ground pool cover reel. I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.