2nd Day At Shock Levels, Still Brushing up Algae from the same spot (stairs)

I hope nobody minds me constantly posting in my thread, I've found it helpful to note what I did when by replying.

So just a quick update, ~4 hours later still brushing dried algae/powder from the corners again. FC seems to have held at 20, but I also realized my SWG was running this whole time... It seems the rain pressed the buttons (I didn't mount it vertically and just laid it horizontally on top of a box because I don't know how to mount it back into the wood stock that was holding it in place before but broke).

Just turned it off and will get a better more accurate FC tonight / tomorrow.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Not sure if u are using PoolMath & have a subscription but u can make notes there too as well as saving all your test & addition logs. Even things like adding water & backwashing so u can keep track. It’s very handy.

I do have the app and I do use it for effects of adding feature. To be fair I'm very picky about which apps I use, so I usually use my phone's notes app or this thread just for simplicity vs the app interface. Also I figured if anyone stumbles across my post in the future they can follow the progression of the emotional highs and lows lol.

Apologies if I'm breaking a forum rule, in case I am I will refrain from posting every update and summarize my notes if so.

Last edited:
It’s fine to post here, keeps everyone in the loop.
some people just aren’t aware of what all the app does so I always try to tell them 😊

So strange, 2 hours later and my FC dropped to 15-16. Added the last of my powdered shock, but then I noticed the skimmers seemed weaker than normal.

Cleared all skimmers, cleared impeller, did 60 seconds each backwash / rinse. Ended up adjusting my main / return valve 15% to increase suction on skimmers, but wondering why I'm losing skimmer suction..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, lots of pressure in the pump. Take like 3 - 4 minutes to prime after being shutoff for a while.

Also, solved the mystery of the skimmer but didn't resolve the issue. My valve is loose, it spins 360 when it should only be spinning 180, which means the valve is not securing properly. No idea how to fix that ..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.