Who has a pool dome?
Where do you live?
How long have you had it
Do you like it?
Is it worth it?
What make/model/kind is it?
Here's some examples:
- Rontimco: http://www.rontimco.com/poolpg.htm
- AmeriDome: http://www.websweeper.com/php/pool_domes/do-001.php
Aluminum frame domes:
- Fabrico: http://www.websweeper.com/php/sun_domes/fab-005.php
- Screen and vinyl covered aluminum frame domes
- AmeriDome: http://www.websweeper.com/php/sun_domes/fab-001.php
- PVC pipe frame: 2"x10', 4-way junctions, 45 degree elbows, ...
Yeah... I know some of you have toyed with the idea of building a pool cover that just happens to rest above the pool instead of on it. How did it go? Here in Seattle we get tons of rain. I would prefer to have the pool closed with cover that is raised above the pool rather than diluting the chemicals all winter long. I'm thinking about the funny ball with tie-downs to keep water from pooling up on the winter cover. Seattle has a relatively short "hot" season, so extending the season is my big reason for considering a dome.
I saw no thread specifically talking about swimming pool dome covers... on a pool discussion group! Let's explore this topic!
OK, your turn. Have you swam in a dome? Talked with someone that owns one? Post your experience here!