DLSDO- Pool build

Been fighting the weather. Pool deck is formed up with rebar and piers. Passed the rough electrical inspection. Concrete pour for the patio scheduled for Monday but expecting lots more rain. The landscapers are coming back next week to finish the boulder retaining wall and build another set of ledge steps down to the other side of the pool.

Chuggin' along...slowly but surely

01d5a66b.jpg

2971ccb9.jpg

f4f1d7cd.jpg

620004dd.jpg

557f6124.jpg

mindy_e_in_az said:
Looking good. I'm glad to see they're able to get some work done even w/ all the rain you've had.

Thanks. Yours looks great also. That outdoor kitchen of yours is gonna be a popular spot for shade also!

Yes the rain is quite an issue with our site. It is 200+ft of downward slope from the front yard to the pool by way of the access road. If its wet then you get from the top to the bottom faster than anticipated...if you know what I mean.

So they came out bright and early yesterday with a large crew and poured the pool deck, equipment pad and did some rough grading. It started to downpour late afternoon. They flipped a Bobcat but got the job done!! All the cement was delivered by Bobcat. Very impressive!

Today they started to set up the equipment pad and cleaned out the pool despite the sloppy mess.

They called and told me they are planning the aquablue pebble sheen plaster TOMMORROW!! Weather permitting ofcourse. Sundek may have to wait till spring. It is starting to get cold here. Brrr.

dd9f1192.jpg

6ba16f84.jpg

49e49feb.jpg

divnkd101 said:
Coming along just great. Are you going to have fun keeping leaves out of that thing, or what????? Good luck with your pool finish. Hope the weather holds out.

Thanks. I am so excited.

Any suggestions aside from an early close in relation to the abundance of leaves? As soon as they fill the pool..next week I suppose..I will have to do some maintanance with the new pebble sheen for a few weeks before they close the pool. I am planning on picking up skimmer socks. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

disdo,

Re: "Any suggestions aside from an early close in relation to the abundance of leaves?"

I would suggest installing a PoolSkim in order to help with the leaves. A PoolSkim might take some of the load off of your normal skimmer. Afterall, if the PoolSkim gets full of leaves, nothing much happens, whereas if your normal skimmer gets full of leaves, it might starve the filter pump of water.

And I must confess I'm not sure how well the PoolSkim will work on big maple-type leaves. My floating residue in the pool is normally smaller leaves from birch trees and needles from cedars and redwoods, although the redwoods do drop bigger stuff on occasion and the PoolSkim seems to handle it fine.

And even if it doesn't work for you, you are not risking too much at a cost of only $90 or so.

Titanium

crabboy said:
Yea! another one for aquablue sheen. Looks very nice so far. Must have taken them a while to bobcat in all that cement.

They are applying the AB sheen right now!! Its lookin' great.

Yes your right. The whole construction process has been effected by the long downslope to the pool. Never a boring moment. That's for sure.

I will post some pics of the pebble sheen later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They sanded and acid washed the pebblesheen, made the final electrical, plumbing and gas connections, cleaned, graded and started filling the pool yesterday. They damage the coping a bit with grading. It should be an easy fix. Oops.

Its still raining here. The water is up to the returns! They plan to start up the pool today. The landscapers will be back Monday.

I really like the aqua blue sheen.

I will post pics this weekend....if it ever stops raining.

Rained all day today. None the less the PB came out @ 5pm (on a Friday) and started up our pool. The pool finished filling about 3pm today. 26,000 gallons. Still need the Sundek deck coating but that might have to wait till spring. The landscapers will be back in full force on Monday.

The kids were so excited waiting for the PB to start up the pool they jumped in before they got there....kinda green and 65 degrees!! Regardless...they had a blast. Jumped in again after dark also. Here are some more pics. Will post some more pics after landscaping and fence.

Pebble sheen team
500ff984.jpg

fe81dbbd.jpg

223fd6b3.jpg

3dd8a4c2.jpg

Couldn't wait for startup
669e1ef1.jpg

34029f58.jpg

2d18ac82.jpg

473b9985.jpg

75d5beaa.jpg

4fe0444c.jpg

Dave,
I have a huge smile on my face right now after seeing your kids enjoying the pool for the first time. I'm so glad you let them do that.

Congratulations on a beautiful pool. And, btw, I'm jealous. We're still a wk or two out.

Mindy

The water is now crystal clear. Getting everything balanced. The landscapers are back. The Sundek needs to get applied. Still have extensive landscaping, lighting, and irrigation for around the pool. That will wait till spring. I created little "leaf filters" that fit snug in the skimmers flush with the pool wall to keep the leaves from clogging the system. Few pics below.

51b602bd.jpg

76689078.jpg

Brent,
Its 20F this morning here. Freezing rain all weekend. Brrrrrrrr!

Since my last post we finished all the landscaping, lighting, fence and irrigation around the pool. Its winterized and has the safety cover on.

I will post pics of the "finished" product in the spring.

Thanks,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.