New IntelliFlo VS+SVRS - Schedule Question

SeaBear

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 23, 2010
After reading all the excellent discussions on this forum regarding pump efficiency, I just had my old 2.5hp pump replaced with a brand new IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. The old 2.5hp pump was just way too much for my pool (except for the spa). I was thinking of just getting the new VS model, but with a 3 year old and a spa, the SVRS seemed like it might be worth the extra $$.

So far (1 day in), I am very please with how quiet it is - and based on the Watt meter, i'll be equally pleased with my electric bills in the future.

After a little playing this evening i've set it up to run on schedule for:

Speed 5 - 2600 RPM, 1 hour (to get a start on the skimming and let the suction cleaner scoot around for a bit)
Speed 6 - 1300 RPM, 8 hours

I'll see how this goes for a while, and tweak things a little more in a week or two.

Just one little question that is bugging me - i'm hoping someone can give me an answer.

According to the manual, in order for the schedule to run, the little light above the Start/Stop button has to be lit. To get that light to light up it seems that you have to start the pump running. It doesn't appear that you can stop the pump without making the light go out.

So the question is, how can I run a manual speed and then stop the pump in such a way that it will resume at the next scheduled start up time?

I've got the feeling that i'm missing something obvious. Is there anyway I can stop the pump running whilst leaving it ready to start up on the next schedule?

The only solution I came up with is to set up one of the speed buttons (speed 1 in this case) to run in egg timer mode for just 1 minute. That way you can hit speed 1 and in one minute it will turn itself off, but the little light over the start button is still on - meaning it should start up again on the next scheduled time.

I have a VF so it's a bit different - but looking at the manual

If you make 1 of your scheduled speeds speed 1 you can use the other 3 for manual stuff. Then when your done with manual - hit speed 1 and you can turn the pump "on" and it'll do whatever the schedule is.

There doesn't seem to be a good way to turn "on" speed 5 - but maybe I'm missing something.

Okay - that sounds logical.

Set one of the four button based speeds to run on schedule, then when you press the button, it doesn't implicitly run that speed, it either runs (if it's inside the scheduled time) or doesn't (if outside the scheduled time).

I'll give it a go later.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.