Hoping for HELP to identify this pool.

The photo is the whole reason I was so specific about the wall not having any bends or wrinkles. It looks suspicious but you can't really tell from the picture.

If it is indeed wrinkled, don't shy away from telling him that the deal is off. A wrinkle at the bottom of the wall cannot be fixed. He will probably tell you it can and if he's insistant then tell him that you'll pay him when he gets it completely straight and not before.

I bought it. I couldn't find any dents. He said what I seen in the picture (what we all could see) was the pool wall somewhat moved inward as he drained the pool. There is one spot on the rail that the beaded liner goes into that has a spot with the metal that makes it sharp. He told me to just file it down and put duct tape over it and that it should be fine. The wall looked okay but was missing 3 screws for the seam of the wall. They said I can get new stainless steel screws at the hardware store. Also, the ladder is really cool that he brought. Solar cover didn't look as nice as I imagined as it has a few holes in it. That made me sad a little. He knocked 50 bucks off. I could tell he felt bad about the few screws and how dirty all of the parts (top rail and bottom rail were). I will spend this Wednesday (going to be 72 in Michigan) cleaning all the parts and sorting them out for my husband. I will take some pictures of it to post soon as I get dinner dishes done. :D Hopefully this pool wont be a big disappointment.

P1010306.jpg

This is the wall it is steel. Does it look familiar to anyone?

Here is the wall the way it traveled home to me (looks like he did things right...right?)
P1010297.jpg

P1010296.jpg

This is the 6 inch top rail (is that what it is called?)

P1010295.jpg

Another closer look at the wall design. I really wish I knew what kind of pool this is...other than the kind you swim in. :)

P1010300.jpg

The ladder that I was so excited for. It needs a good cleaning. Pretty neat... my mom was hit by a drunk driver and is disabled.... she couldn't get into our intex pool because the A frame ladder was too tight and steep. These steps will make it possible for her to come in to the pool too. That makes me really happy :)

P1010299.jpg

This is a bad picture of the pump. Oh well... I will get another sometime soon :)

P1010302.jpg

The solar Cover.

P1010303.jpg

A box of parts to the pool that I have to clean. They are super dirty. By the way, can one spray paint steel??? There are some ugly areas on the top rail.....

And last but not least.... the part that I was talking about with a sharp area where the beaded liner is supposed to hook in. If I knew what kind of pool this is, I would just order some of these parts new. Instead, I have to file the steel down where it is sharp and then put duct tape over the area. (sigh)
th_P1010305.jpg

Someone please tell me that it so far looks like I didn't get taken. There is also a pole and winter cover as well as the solar reel thing that I didn't post. But the above is a start.

Any thoughts friends??? Can I feel a little happy about it yet? Or wait and see if it topples over and spills 20,000 gallons of water gushing down my yard????? (I know, not funny)

I tried to upload another picture, but it was a poor quality picture. That's all.

It is of the nut (the big plastic screw nut) that goes around the skimmer joints. I need to get a pic to you to explain. But he broke both of them. They are like the pvc nut fitting. Does that make sense? Are those universal fittings that I can get at a pool store? I think it attaches the hose to the skimmer... it looks like a metal nut that goes on a screw but is much bigger, cream colored hard thick plastic. Please tell me I am making sense....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds like it would be a standard part a pool store should have, if not probably find online in pool plumbing parts sections. it sounds like it might be part of the return plumbing, not the skimmer... but idk

Zea typed quicker :wink:

lol- Thanks both of you. I will take care of that today. The skimmer basket is disgusting. It is dirty and gag invoking. I have a lot to clean. He said this pool was only 4 years old at most. Not sure I am buying that. It is filthy... every single part needs to be scrubbed. I have screws to replace and of course those two nut looking things the two of you said I can go to the pool store for. I wish I understood more.... is it possible to repaint the top rails? They are steel? Those look scratched up and stuff. By the way, I am still excited. Based off how big the solar cover is this pool is going to be BIG compaired to our 15' intex pool (which was a great pool by the way). I just hope we don't have anything major come up when trying to put it all together. I was told that we should at least try to use the old liner, but only to do so in warm weather. The liner does look to be in very good shape. Very bendable. And I can tell he did clean it.
I need to learn more about the sand filter and also I need to get those gaskets for the skimmer and return. Right? Because if you remove them you should get new ones..... correct? Or do I not have to?
One other question. Lets say that the liner I have is no good. Can I use my ground treatment (weed killer stuff) and then use the old liner and lay that down over it? Then do my foamboard/sand over that? Just was thinking that this would be a much stronger than using newspaper soaked in weed killer. Any thoughts on that?

Glad it worked out for you. It looks like a good deal.

I have one request for you, go back and edit the post with the pics and select the large image link in photobucket and post it in place of the small images. That will make it much easier to see the pics. If you have a question about how to do it ask and I'll try to help.

I did it.... I made the pictures bigger :D Are there any other pictures I should take to help? What do you think??? From what you can see, was 850 a good deal? There are a few spots where the screws go in at the seam of the wall that feel a little sharp (when I run my finger across the hole)... Should I file that as well? I did read somewhere to cover the inside seam of the pool with duct tape once we have put the screws in.

Also, see how the paint is scratched on the top rail? Can I repaint that, or spray it with something to help it look better and keep it from rusting? I have another month before it will warm up enough to start working in the yard, so I can do a ton in the garage while waiting for acceptable weather. Oh... also, think I should try to unroll that wall and see what the area looks like where the skimmer goes in? I have read how bad rust can be in that area. I haven't checked that yet.

A rust preventative paint is a good idea. From looking at the pictures (I confess that I went to Photobucket and looked at them directly) the pool looks like a good deal. It'll be a REAL good deal if the liner works out. :)

Any sharp edges should be filed down, painted and covered with something to pad the edges. I'd pad the seam with something, even a couple of layers of gorilla tape would work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.