Water Stains in New Pool

Feb 28, 2011
New pool installed in December, salt water/gunite, and new owner as well. ph is 7.6, Cl is 2.0 and TA is 100. Just recently I have noticed water marks on tile and stone, white marks marking the top line of the water and on the water fall. For a long time, our Cl level was really high and I never noticed the stains. Now that the Cl level is in range(??), I have noticed staining. Is there something wrong with my chemistry or should I be doing something different? I can send water samples to my pool contractor and they keep telling me that my levels are all low, especially my TA. I've been using the pool calculator and I thought I was on the right path. Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!
Tim

More then likely these are calcium deposits on the tile and stone. You can also get efflorescence coming through the stone from the morter.
You may be in an area that has hard water.
If it is early on you can just use a non abrasive pad on the tile, or just brush it to clean it. On the stone you can use a 5 to 1 water to muratic acid mix to eat off the calcium. Follow all safety rules when working with acid. Best to do a little test area, though most real stones can handle that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.