Things just keep getting worse

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
Well, as you know, yesterday I took the winter cover off. This morning my husband let the dogs out and heard a horrible cry. Here our barn cat had fallen in the pool. He was hanging onto the solar cover, all but his head was in the very cold water. He is going to be ok. We brought him in and wrapped in warm towels. Took him to our shop and put him in front of the wood burner. It took about two hours for him have enough strength to stand. Back to the first thing after finding Bandit. My husband went back out to check the pool and here another cat, a stray, was in the skimmer hanging on for his life. Opened the top of the skimmer basket and it flew out and across the field. He was completely out of the water. So after all this, what do you think my chances are of NOT having any cuts in the liner? I walked around and can't feel any slits, but I can't reach too far down either. We still haven't brought the water level up from lowering it last fall. I guess time will tell. But this pool isn't even a year old yet and it hate to think we might need a new liner. In the fall I had chased the cat a few time off the winter cover. It would get up there and soak up the sun. Guess it didn't realize the cover was gone. What a way to start the season.

susa, cute puppy!
No pictures of the cats, at least in the pool. Bandit seems to be fine this afternoon. Haven't seen the stray cat since it flew out of the skimmer top. I've been walking around the pool feeling with my hand for cuts in the liner, but haven't found any yet. I'm sure there must be some. Two cats trying to get out of a pool that has the water level down 12 inches or so from the coping, must of clawed at the sides.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.