Feb 28, 2011
Well got home this weekend and was informed that my intex above ground pool has busted at the seam. So I am in the market for a new one, I was looking at the new ultra frame pool for around 700 but was wondering what you guys recommend. Should I look into a metal wall pool or stick with intex and how much of a price difference would the slid wall be? O looking around the 18'-24' range around 48 to 52 inches deep

The answer all depends on you. How long do you plan to be at your current home? Is it just for the kids or do adults use it also? How much physical abuse did the last pool take? How much money do you want to sink into it? What kind of pump and filter do you have now?

Ultra frames can be very nice pools. They are not as sturdy as the traditional metal wall pools but as long as it is leveled properly and people aren't trying to sit on the top it should be fine. I personally would go with the biggest pool I could fit in the yard and afford. Was your old pool the inflatable ring top pool?

It was the metal frame pool but not the ultra frame. We really aren't wanting to spend a whole lot and we are gonna be here for a long time so not worrying about moving it around or anything. I have a 4000 gph intex cartridge pump and the intex salt water generator. I am leaning toward the 24'x52" ultra frame

Cajuncowboycummins said:
Well got home this weekend and was informed that my intex above ground pool has busted at the seam. So I am in the market for a new one, I was looking at the new ultra frame pool for around 700 but was wondering what you guys recommend. Should I look into a metal wall pool or stick with intex and how much of a price difference would the slid wall be? O looking around the 18'-24' range around 48 to 52 inches deep
Hi,
I love my Intex Ultra Frame 24' x 52". My pool was $749 at Walmart a few months ago. Check out my install http://www.troublefreepool.com/backyard-build-in-central-texas-pool-is-up-t28455.html :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.