new pool Petaluma Ca

Very nice pool you have done. Very long proccess too!

In building a pool one consideration we have had is we did not want to have a high fence around the pool (would obstruct our view). For yours, does having the automatic pool safety cover take the place of needing a high fence?

Thanks for any info!
Curtis

Thanks for the compliment, it seemed like a long process when I was sloping in mud everyday, but looking back, does'nt seem so long. Were really enjoying having it. Yesterday the water got to 84 deg.
In Sonoma co. as long as you have a "safety" cover you don't need to have a fence. I might be nice to have a ornamental iron or something thet is see through, but I'm legal with just the cover.

heres a few mor pics of the pool landscaping.

Attachments

• pool with river stone 7-25-11 001 (Large).jpg
    pool with river stone 7-25-11 001 (Large).jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 303
  • pool with river stone 7-25-11 002 (Large).jpg
    pool with river stone 7-25-11 002 (Large).jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 301
  • pool with river stone 7-25-11 003 (Large).jpg
    pool with river stone 7-25-11 003 (Large).jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 297
Worked on the solar rack this week. This is what happens whena machinist try to be a carpenter. It will workgood (I hope) but I'm sure I made it harder than it needed to be.

Attachments

• solar racks 8-13-11 001 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-13-11 001 (Large).jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 259
  • solar racks 8-13-11 002 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-13-11 002 (Large).jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 259
  • solar racks 8-13-11 004 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-13-11 004 (Large).jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 257
Getting closer, it would be nice to have known how to make a structure "square", not to bad but must be out by an inch or two.

Hope to get the panels installed next week.

Attachments

• solar racks 8-16 002 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-16 002 (Large).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 229
  • solar racks 8-16 003 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-16 003 (Large).jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 230
  • solar racks 8-16 004 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-16 004 (Large).jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 230
If your joints dont line up exactly on the members, just "sister" up some additional pieces of wood next to the structural pieces and nail/screw into those. You are not the only one this sort of miscalculation happens to! I have many many sisters up in my new attic spaces.

Brushpup said:
Very nice pool! Love the color of the finish...nicest closeup I've seen here of the pebbles. Let us know how the solar goes...you'll be needing it pretty soon!

Thank you. We really like the Tahoe blue pebble, that and the crystal clear water! I always have to say Thanks to TFP for the water clarity, without this place I'd either be paying $140 per mo for the service or wondering what I did wrong.
I'm roofing the rack this weekend and the panels get installed on monday.

Lershac said:
If your joints dont line up exactly on the members, just "sister" up some additional pieces of wood next to the structural pieces and nail/screw into those. You are not the only one this sort of miscalculation happens to! I have many many sisters up in my new attic spaces.

Fortunately I had bought 10' plywood, but the pcs only needed to be 108" so I was able to cut to match some of my errors. The spacing was good in the 48" direction so that was ok but the long direction was a parallellagram so I had to do some tapered cuts to make it work. It sure would have been nice to just cut sheets square on the ends and have them line up right. I did learn about the 3-4-5 triangle to get 90 degree angles but that was after it was too late to change.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Putting on the rolled roofing. I have it nailed under the overlap but do I need to nail at the front edge also?, or will the caulking be enough to hold the front edge down?

Attachments

• solar racks 8-20 001 (Large).jpg
    solar racks 8-20 001 (Large).jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 131
I'm not familiar with the make up of the rolled roofing, but does the trailing edge of the roll have that same black mastic that you find on asphalt shingles? That black mastic is what holds the leading edge down of the over lapping layer. So with the asphalt shingles, you turn the first layer upside down which puts the mastic at the bottom edge of the roof to hold down the edge of the fist layer. HTH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.