Impatiently Trying to get my Pool "Close" to being Right

The black dot should be completely gone, with no sign that it was ever there even after you stare at if for several seconds.

You can buy calibrated CYA test solution with a 50 ppm CYA level so you can practice the test with your current test kit. I'm not sure who sells it in Europe, but it is fairly easy to get here if you look for it.

Thanks again for your posts.
Again I have tested this morning (April 14th) and the same trend is following:

FC 8.5
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 70
CYA 40

Most of the numbers are fairly stable in the trends now. The CYA has climbed a little (or maybe I'm getting better at testing :oops: )..
The water now is clear - Except when I'm stiring up the bottom to try and get the pollen into the filter. Not sure if the pollen particles are too small for the filter even though I have introduced some DE.

One question: I have read here somewhere that it was good to bring the PH down a little with acid and then let it go back up slowly by itself with aeration. How far should I bring this down?
Secondly in the past when I have done this it kills the TAC level.

Any recommendations gratefully accepted...

Thanks to all...

Jonathanm said:
One question: I have read here somewhere that it was good to bring the PH down a little with acid and then let it go back up slowly by itself with aeration. How far should I bring this down?
Secondly in the past when I have done this it kills the TAC level.
The only reason to do that would be to lower TA. Your TA level is fine right now, so there is no point in doing that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.