Mindy's pool is done

Yep, RT explained it perfectly. Let's see, I think you can see the main drain in the deep end, but I'm not sure which pipe it is -- but it's there. If you look at one of the pics of the pool w/ the skimmer to the right, the equipment is about 50 ft. to the left and towards the bottom of the screen. If you go up to the top and the original plans, you can see "exisisting planter" on the uppper left corner. Right off that side is all the equipment.
Next is rock work for the spa and grotto and then tile and decking.

Wow thats looks great! Must either have a huge family or do a lot of entertaining, that is by far the largest seating area for an outdoor kitchen I have ever seen. Looks like you will have one resort quality backyard in no time.

Eric

mindy_e_in_az said:
Yep, RT explained it perfectly. Let's see, I think you can see the main drain in the deep end, but I'm not sure which pipe it is -- but it's there. If you look at one of the pics of the pool w/ the skimmer to the right, the equipment is about 50 ft. to the left and towards the bottom of the screen. If you go up to the top and the original plans, you can see "exisisting planter" on the uppper left corner. Right off that side is all the equipment.
Next is rock work for the spa and grotto and then tile and decking.

Yep. Now I got it.

What are you planning for pool interior, coping, and deck finishes?

ehorn, thank you. We do have a big family -- 4 kids. I also have a large extended family that all live here in town. We never have a small family get together. We had my son's 12th bday party last weekend and had around 50 people here. We do plan on entertaining a lot. Our oldest is 14 and a freshman in highschool. I told him I don't care if he has 10 friends over every day next summer. I'd rather him be here than at their houses unsupervised or at the mall.

dlsdo, we were planning on med. to dark gray plaster but just got a great bid today on pebble fina (only $900 over plaster)so now we have a decision to make. For coping we're going to do colored concrete -- probably gray. Our tile is from NPTG, Silverstone blue. We picked a great white concrete-based paver that does not get hot at all. Very important here in southern AZ. I don't know who makes it or what it's called.

DH took what should have been a great pic of the two oldest sitting on the bench in the deep end tonight just sitting there chatting. Unfortunately, the camera focused on a tiki torch instead of them. They can't wait until there's water.

mindy_e_in_az said:
I'd rather him be here than at their houses unsupervised or at the mall.

Isn't that the truth!

[quote:tpsosxa2]dlsdo, we were planning on med. to dark gray plaster but just got a great bid today on pebble fina (only $900 over plaster)so now we have a decision to make. For coping we're going to do colored concrete -- probably gray. Our tile is from NPTG, Silverstone blue. We picked a great white concrete-based paver that does not get hot at all. Very important here in southern AZ. I don't know who makes it or what it's called.

Sounds very nice. Can't wait to see it. Is pebble fina the "soft" version of pebble sheen?

DH took what should have been a great pic of the two oldest sitting on the bench in the deep end tonight just sitting there chatting. Unfortunately, the camera focused on a tiki torch instead of them. They can't wait until there's water.
[/quote:tpsosxa2]

More pics when you can..

Sounds very nice. Can't wait to see it. Is pebble fina the "soft" version of pebble sheen?

Yes. It's got the aggregate in it but is polished smooth.

The excavators came back out yesterday and gave us final grade. Now we don't have all those big rocks, trenches and big mounds of dirt. It's looking more and more like a pool every day.

Rock work is done. Tile and stacked stone tomorrow.

the grotto:
<a>
100_5112.jpg
</a>

and the spa:
<a>
100_5113.jpg
</a>

and one of the two little ones imagining enjoying the grotto:
<a>
100_5104.jpg
</a>
I'll post tile and stacked stone pics tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hurray! I have been wondering how things were going. Is it warm enough to take a dip after your filled? Post some more pics when your full. It looks great.

We had so much snow here that you could not see any evidence that we ever built a pool....the kids enjoyed sledding down the hills though.....hurry up spring

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.