Feb 28, 2011
So I am trying to buy a new intex swg and can only find the new model except on ebay. Well paypal wants all my check account info and they are not getting that so I guess I'm buying the new model. Are there any down sides to the copper ionization in the pool? I have a 18x48 intex above ground pool. Thanks

Cajuncowboycummins said:
So I am trying to buy a new intex swg and can only find the new model except on ebay. Well paypal wants all my check account info and they are not getting that so I guess I'm buying the new model. Are there any down sides to the copper ionization in the pool? I have a 18x48 intex above ground pool. Thanks

Hello,
Another down side to the new Intex SWG is the chlorine output. The new SWG only puts out half of the chlorine from the older model. So if you can put off getting one right away, take some time and try to find an older model (without the copper). Less run time on the cell because more chlorine is produced will help extend the life of the unit. I just bought another older model off of ebay (from private seller, not a business) to have as a backup just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.