Can Pentair WhisperFlo be converted to Intelliflo?

denisbaldwin

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
With the new years comes more money to throw at the pool, so I'm considering the move to an Intelliflo mid-summer. I have a wonderful 3/4HP whisperflo right now. It's substantially better on the electric bill than the 2HP Hayward I had before. Is there any way to swap out some components (perhaps the motor end?) on the whisperflo to turn it into an intelliflo? or is it an all or nothing kind of swap?

If it's an all or nothing, anyone interested in a lightly used less than a year old Whisperflo? ;)

Denis

I believe the cost of the motor and drive is nearly the same if not more than the entire pump so there really isn't much point in a conversion. Sell the Whisperflo on Craig's list.

Do you already have a controller? The 4x160 can be controlled manually but if you have a controller, it makes things a lot easier.

Instead, you could go with a VF which has a built in timer/controller but it won't control anything else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.