Preparing pool for season

the pump has been running 24/7 since March 14th.(minus a 6 hour power outage due to a storm )

I did add a poolskim http://www.poolskim.com/ a couple weeks ago. It does a fantastic job of keeping the small debris out of the pool skimmer and has kept the surface of the water clean. It appears to increase water movement rather then restrict it but I could be wrong about that.

The poolskim increases movement of the surface water, but just slightly reduces total water movement through the filter. If you only have one return that might be an issue. If you have more than one return it shouldn't be a problem.

Good morning...pool water is clear ! YEAH !! I still brush up some brownish dust but not as much as before . I took a water sample to the pool store to get tested for iron and to get sequestrant . They told me with the FC level so high , their test would not be accurate and the
sequestrant could not be used until the FC level was in normal range . So will wait it out, maybe by then most of the dust will be filtered out

test results

FC 32
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 160
CYA 50

am a little confused with the suggestions from the Pool Calculator...which do I do first.. raise the PH or lower the TA ? Or wait till the FC is lower to balance the PH and TA ?

thanks so much for all the help ..this site is a life saver !

Don't worry about PH and TA while FC is very high. The PH test doesn't even work correctly when FC is that high.

If, when you are done shocking, TA is still high and PH is still low, then the best thing to do is to aerate to bring up the PH without raising the TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.