Kayak Pools and being a Demo Home

Red Shirt Ensign

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2011
Hello All,

We are looking at putting in a Pool and I had always loved my Uncle's pool growing up which was a 16x32 Kayak AG pool
This was back in the early 80's and I realize times have changed so I am looking for advice regarding Kayak's current reputation, Expected Pricing, and I was most importantly looking for anyone's experience regarding becoming a Kayak Demo Home, and the costs savings and intrusion by outsiders for doing so.

I am East of Cleveland and Expect Kayak Midwest will be involved.

Thanks in advance and I hope to be talking with many of you soon!
Dan

I have not had any personal experience with Kayak, but a google search is turning up a lot of negative reviews pertaining to the pool's construction quality and poor customer service. Look at several pool dealers and get written quotes so you can compare apples to apples. If they can give you references check on those too. Don't do business with anyone who tries to hard sell you and won't give you time to think it over. If the deal is legit it should be just as good in the morning. Best of luck on your pool hunt!

I have checked a few BBB's an ddid not see any complaints... though I have heard your comments over the last few years as we have toyed with the idea of a pool

Theoretically if they use you as a model, they would be inclined to do a good job and treat you right so that you'll be a spokesperson.... that is why I'm reaching out looking for someone's experience as a Demo house!

I think the costs look prohibitive otherwise... but I have not contacted them directly

The demo home concept is a sales trick used by contractors to build excitement for the purchaser. They usually will tell you that they have this special deal and that they will give you this but you ahve to agree to be a demo house. Window, landscaping, texture coating etc. all us it the sales tactic. beware.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.