New Construction in Florida

The prices at RealPalmTrees are crazy high.

They have a 9' Queen palm for $300. Queen Palms grow like weeds out here.

My Landscaper got us about 10 Queens the smallest is at least 12' for $120 each.

This site's nursery is about 30 minutes from my house. His prices are still a little high, but it should give you a place to compare prices on the more rare palms:

http://sotropicalfoxtails.com/pricelist.html

It looks great bro!!! Semms ahead of shcedule, I think you'll be swimming sooner than planned. They put the pump near the house, i'm guessing they said no to putting it by the fence. That's alright, they aren't that loud and your getting new windows anyway. Let me know what you guys are doing this weekend and maybe I can come by if your free :cheers:

Nightmare said:
They have a good size Foxtail and Travelers for $129/$119. I need to track down another couple growers in my area.

They are fair priced for around here. By the way, i thought the Luau music ( Blue Hawaii ) on sotropicals.com was a nice touch to a cool site :-D Even if they are in CA i get ideas about the landscaping and types of trees that are out there, thanks for the link!

keirster2 said:
It looks great bro!!! Semms ahead of shcedule, I think you'll be swimming sooner than planned. They put the pump near the house, i'm guessing they said no to putting it by the fence. That's alright, they aren't that loud and your getting new windows anyway. Let me know what you guys are doing this weekend and maybe I can come by if your free :cheers:

Thanks Dude! They are moving fast and the pool equipment is almost hooked up. We couldn't put it by that back fence, bummer. Lets get together and make some kind of enclosure for it this summer? Tomorrow and wednesday are inspections, plumber and electrician. Thursday they will start to map out the deck and next Monday im hoping they will pour the crete' :party:

So this weekend my Sis' and the family are going to be here from Lake Placid NY to warm up a little ( it was almost 90 today.....) I cant wait for them to see this, the kids will be power excited! Wish i could chill with you but the next weekend should be clear sailing for some pool time. :whoot: :cheers: :party:

Attachments

• tfp14.jpg
    tfp14.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 227
These guys did an entire install in one day....
http://www.riverpoolsandspas.com/blog/b ... -Day-Video

Nightmare said:
Wow, that is SOOOOOOoooooo much faster than a gunite inground pool. Mine took right about 85 days Dig>Water.

You ordered the pool in March.
No real 'work' took place until April 6
Dig a hole and drop in a pool on April 8
Water in the pool by April 9

My guys did all the concrete decking in 1 day. Pavers seem to take about 5x as long. You should be ready to go in another week. Have fun.

Winger 03 said:
These guys did an entire install in one day....
http://www.riverpoolsandspas.com/blog/b ... -Day-Video

Nightmare said:
Wow, that is SOOOOOOoooooo much faster than a gunite inground pool. Mine took right about 85 days Dig>Water.

You ordered the pool in March.
No real 'work' took place until April 6
Dig a hole and drop in a pool on April 8
Water in the pool by April 9

My guys did all the concrete decking in 1 day. Pavers seem to take about 5x as long. You should be ready to go in another week. Have fun.

Jim, thats wild! I wonder what the neighbors thought when they looked over there and saw a functioning inground pool when they got home from work. :shock:

Hahahahahahaha!!! Good one Bro!

So last night i went out in the dirt in my wheelchair ( Michele gave me some helpful shoves ) and sat next to the edge of the pool and just looked....thinking about the changes and what my backyard is going to look like. Something occurred to me and i realized that this was the best $ i have ever spent on a house. It was surreal to bend over and touch the water, knowing that i will enjoy this for a loooooong time. It was a GREAT feeling! :-D

Update: The electricians are here right now, hooking up the 230VAC, pool light, breaker panel,etc... The presure test and inspection is monday and the concrete will be poured on tuesday :party: Its going to be swimtime soon.

Attachments

• Cute1.jpg
    Cute1.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 197
  • tfp10.jpg
    tfp10.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 197
  • tfp11.jpg
    tfp11.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 197

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
keirster2 said:
Alright, it's Tuesday....I want to see some New deck pics today :whip:

Hey Bro, sorry i've been busy with the family n' stuff :-D The concrete dudes will be here tomorrow, along with the termite treatment people and the electricians. They were going to start up the pump but no go. It seams that there is no power at the breaker box. :hammer: Sorry i don't have any new pictures......it looks the same. Im hoping that this weekend will be a wet one :cheers:

lbridges said:
Those are some pretty lame excuses (if someone was to ask me). :wink:

Good point Lbridges!

Thank you for the tip concerning Termite treatment, i had it done just before the deck was poured :-D

So here is my update. I now have a working deck! As much as i love the pool, this deck is just kickin'! Its just heaven to roooooollllll out there this morning....no tree roots, sand, dog p**p, to get stuck in!! The pump is running and the pool will be cleaned today. I am going to run my first test and check the levels later today, just to get an idea of what chems to add.

Attachments

• tfp1.jpg
    tfp1.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 88
  • tfp2.jpg
    tfp2.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 88
That deck is huge and pretty neat! I assume you wanted concrete to make it easier to roll your chair. Did you think about having it colored before you had it poured? leaving it natural or going to paint it?
The Pool looks great and congrats. I had my pool put in last year and its been a blast! Its great on the hot Florida Summer days.
Enjoy!

Looks great. Don't stop with the pics.

One thing my PB told me that has stayed true, people never complain about too much deck space.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.